Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some things are just meant to be lived...

Blessing to see my man Davey D from the Bay Area. His openness, honesty, and love for Bob Marley pretty much sums it up. Lookin' forward to future projects with the bredren.

I had an amazing experience this morning. Dani and I took Ayin to look at schools. We had a tour at "New City School" in Long Beach and we walked in during the morning session of singing and music that begins each day. There were about 150 kids seated indian style on the floor singing along with the music teacher strumming the acoustic guitar, teaching songs in a game fashion. I couldn't help but to embrace the energy. I immediately envisioned my friends Finbar playing the guitar and Amber singing to the children at the "Still Revival Center". Experiences like that spark fire in me to create a space to recreate and share those experiences that are hard to convey with words. Some things are just meant to be lived.

No comments: